The Trust receives a significant number of requests to accommodate students from schools, colleges and universities on work experience placements across the various departments.
The programme is mainly classroom based with some time spent in different departments. Sessions will vary depending on staff availability.
Day 1: Welcome, Introduction to Trust, Values & Tour of hospital
Day 2: Guest speakers and demonstrations and department visits
Day 3: Patient Journey with HealthTec
Day 4: Department visits and career pathway information sessions
- Photography, videography and design
- Media and press management, along with social media management.
- Fundraising for the hospital charitable fund.
- Patient and carer feedback and survey delivery and analysis.
- Response to Freedom of Information Enquiries.
- Design, production and update of patient information.
- Day to day management of the ROH website and intranet.
- Internal communications, including emails and staff magazine.
|Introduction to the team.||Team meeting where all team members share their key priorities and work out who can support them.||Spend the day with the Graphics and Media Officer looking at photography, videography and editing.||Spend the day with the Fundraising Manager learning about how the hospital raises funds.||Spend half a day with the Senior Systems Developer to see the role and how it helps the hospital.|
|Opportunity to review the local papers online for ROH coverage.||Work on a specific article for the staff magazine ROH Life.||Spend half a day with the Patient Experience Officer looking at how they manage patient feedback.|
|Shadow Senior Communications Officer putting all staff E-bulletin together.|