At home or on the move, with the new NHS App you can book appointments at your GP surgery, order repeat prescriptions, set organ donation preferences and check symptoms.
The app has been developed by the NHS and has been designed to help millions of people get more information about their health and care - and more control of how they use NHS services. New functions and services will also be added in the coming months. Why not download it and try it out?
What does the NHS App do?
The NHS App allows you to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
You can use it wherever you are, at any time. It puts valuable information about your health and treatments at your fingertips.
- book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery
- order repeat prescriptions
- view your GP medical record
- register for organ donation and change your donation preferences
- use the symptoms checker, including an A to Z of conditions and treatment advice from the NHS website
- access 111 Online, for advice on self-care and whether urgent help is needed.
Is my information safe?
Just like a banking app, we will carefully check your identity during the simple registration process. The app has been designed, built and tested so that your personal information is always safe and secure.
How to register through the NHS App
Download the app from your mobile device’s app store and follow the easy step-by-step registration instructions. It will help if you know your NHS number, and have a form of ID (passport or driving license) to hand.