On Sunday 20 January we’re opening our Theatre Department and High Dependency Unit for the day to let you know about the fantastic job opportunities at The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital. What’s more, after a short interview you could leave with a job offer on the same day!
Great job opportunities in a unique Trust
The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital is a special Trust that offers a working experience unique in the West Midlands. As a specialist elective Trust it’s very different here than in other local hospitals. There’s a lot to commend us:
- Family friendly and flexible hours
- Minimal shifts and no Bank Holiday working
- Excellent overtime opportunities at a competitive rate
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
- Full support for newly qualified staff and those new to the theatre environment
- Positive and supportive leadership and multidisciplinary working
- Innovative surgery at the cutting-edge of orthopaedic care
- Well located site on a central road with easy transport links
- Fun social events throughout the year
- A staff wellbeing programme
- A positive, values-based culture
- A bright future of growth and expansion
Which role is right for you
We have a number of exciting roles available which you can find out more about and interview for on the same day. Everyone who joins the ROH will be offered a full and induction and support to adapt to a new environment and role.
- Operating Department Practitioners (ODP): Band 5
- Theatres Scrub Nurses: Band 5
- Recovery Practitioners: Band 5
- HDU Nurses: Band 5
Come to our Theatres & HDU Open Day
Schedule for those looking for Theatre jobs
10am: Arrival and introduction
Please arrive at Gate C (the main entrance). Free parking is available if required. You will be met by two members of staff; Steff Palanas and Sybil Sangalang.
You’ll then be taken to the Theatre Department for introductions and welcome
10:15am: Interview start
What to bring:
- Passport or drivers’ licence
- Proof of address (within 3 months)
- Your national insurance number
Band 5 roles: Interview will consist of a numeracy test (20 mins) If successful, this will be followed by an interview with two members of staff.
Following your interview
- Tour of the department
- Workshop on how to scrub and gown up for a procedure
- Overview of a working operating theatre
- Q & A with staff to get understanding of what theatres and recovery are like
- Feedback from interviews on the day
Schedule for those looking for HDU jobs
12 - 3pm: Open session
Please arrive at Gate C (the main entrance). Free parking is available if required. Come along for a short tour of the unit, meet some the team, and have some cake (there’s always cake available!). This is an open session where you can look around and ask questions.
We are looking at recruiting Band 5’s in the department for various shift patterns.