Occupational therapy provides support to people whose health prevents them from doing the activities that matter to them.
An occupational therapist can identify strengths and difficulties you may have in everyday life, such as dressing or getting to the shops, and will help you work out practical solutions.
An occupational therapist can work with you to identify goals that can help you maintain, regain or improve your independence by using different techniques, changing your environment and using new equipment.
0121 685 4122
- Occupational therapy and physical disability -- Marc's story
- Occupational therapy and bipolar disorder - Matt's story
- Occupational therapy and brain injury -- Helen's story
- Occupational therapy and Multiple Sclerosis -- Gary's story
- Occupational therapy and co-ordination difficulties - Grace's story
- Occupational therapy and sensory difficulties - Leo Jace's story
- Occupational therapy and drug or alcohol addiction - Peter and David's story
- Occupational therapy and stroke - Dina's story
- Occupational therapy and amputations - Robin's story
These leaflets from the College Of Occupational Therapists explain how occupational therapy can help you or someone you know get the most from life despite accident, illness or ageing.
Advice on how to overcome work-related stress
Work-related stress is the second biggest cause of absenteeism from work. In 2005 420, 000 people in Britain experienced work-related stress that made them ill: Advice on how to overcome work-related stress
Future proofing for later life
This new consumer resource provides occupational therapy advice to older people on what they need to do to remain healthy as they get older: College of Occupational Therapists future proofing for later life
Continue to have an active life as you get older
Occupational therapists are health and social care professionals who can help older people to carry out daily routines and tasks that maintain health, wellbeing and activity levels: Continue to have an active life as you get older
Do you want to get the most from life?
Do you want to get the most from life? Occupational therapists help people of all ages to identify their daily needs and aspirations, and provide advice about preventing injuries, illnesses or disabilities, or advise on how to cope with them: Do you want to get the most from life?
Helping people to live with dementia
Dementia is a progressive condition but you can live well with dementia. An occupational therapist can help by supporting you to remain active. Some of the symptoms of dementia may wrongly be put down to old age: Helping people to live with dementia