The Admissions and Day Case Unit (ADCU) manage the admission of inpatients and day case patients in to the hospital.
Directions to the Admissions and Day Case Unit (ADCU)
ADCU can be accessed using entrance A. Please note there is no long stay parking available at the entrance. Drop off points are available for a maximum of 20 minutes free of charge.
A long stay car park can be accessed through entrance C.
0121 685 4080
Please remember your admission time is not the time you will have your procedure, but it allows for you to be admitted, to speak to the medical team, and ensures you are safely prepared for your procedure.
Once you’ve checked in with reception you’ll be asked to wait in our waiting area until you are called to theatre. While you are waiting you will be called into a consultation room in the waiting area to complete the necessary paperwork.
Relatives/friends are more than welcome to wait in the Reception area with you until you are called to theatre. They can also receive updates from the reception staff or contact us on 0121 685 4080. We also have a restaurant on site where they are more than welcome to wait.
Day Surgery Patient Checklist:
- Bring all of your medication (including inhalers) with you on the day. If you take any blood pressure or heart tablets, please take them as usual with a sip of water only.
- Please remember to bring any relevant paperwork which may include allergy information, x-rays etc.
- Please bring a dressing gown and slippers, as you will walk to the theatre department if you are able to.
- You may wish to bring something to read and/or personal music system as you may have to wait some time for your operation.
- Wear sensible footwear and loose clothing that allows room for a large dressing around your operation site.
- Please ensure you have arranged transport home with a responsible adult in a car or taxi. You must have a reliable adult with you at home for the first 24 hours.
- We may be unable to cater for certain dietary requirements. If you follow a special diet such as gluten free, please bring in some of your own food items.
- Please remove make-up, nail varnish, false nails and jewellery.
- Leave all valuables at home. Please only bring money for use on the day.
- Try to refrain from smoking for at least a week before your operation.