The Discharge Lounge is a comfortable space for patients who have left the ward and are about to go home. It is open Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm and is staffed by two nurses. There are comfortable chairs to sit in and tea, coffee and biscuits.
The nurses in the Discharge Lounge will support you to feel ready for home. You can ask questions and they’ll be happy to answer. They will talk to you about:
- How to care for your wound when you’re at home
- How to use the medication you have been given
- How to inject yourself at home (if necessary)
- How to reduce the risk of blood clots (Venus Thromboembolism)
- Whether you need the support of the ROCS team (Royal Orthopaedic Community Scheme)